Regardless of the day or hour, our funeral directors are ready to respond immediately to a family’s needs when a loved one dies.
We take very seriously the responsibility families entrust to us at such a difficult time. Our licensed funeral directors immediately assume care of the deceased from the time we arrive on the scene until the burial is complete. Our dedication to families continues after the services are over.
Family members are faced with making many decisions in a relatively short period of time. The experienced staff of Bordwine Funeral Home listens to family requests and offers sound advice in planning meaningful services that reflects the life of their loved one. We emphasize both listening and informing families of all the options and choices available.
Our services include:
- Transfer of the deceased to the funeral home
- Expert preparation and care of the deceased
- Listening to the family’s preferences
- Informing the family of available options
- Coordinating plans with clergy and others involved in the service
- Providing information about caskets, vaults, and other products
- Assisting in cemetery arrangements
- selecting cemetery space
- opening and closing grave
- providing tent, chairs, etc., at the graveside
- For veterans, obtaining and presenting a United States Flag to the family
- Composing obituary for newspaper(s)
- Contacting casket bearers
- Personalizing visitation and service
- assisting the family with displaying photographs, momentos, etc.
- Receiving and arranging floral tributes for visitation
- Transporting flowers to church, fellowship hall or family home
- Providing all necessary support staff and equipment
- Arranging cremation, either following visitation and service, or direct cremation
- Completing necessary documents
- report of death
- death certificate
- statement of death for social security
- Assist in completing insurance claim forms
- Assist in pre-planning funerals
- Seeking customer responses so we may improve our services
Our staff will be glad to help you in any way possible with questions or concerns you may have. Please feel free to call our office any time to schedule an appointment to talk with one of our staff members at 423-263-7033.